This Privacy Statement applies to the website located at https://nextgenwebsolutions.com/ (the “Website”) which is owned and operated by NextGen Web Solutions, LLC (“Next Gen”). By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the terms set forth in this Privacy Statement, you may not use the Website.
Information Governed by this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected through the Website, and it does not govern any information you may provide to Next Gen by phone or otherwise. “Personal Data” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of GDPR (“General Data Protection Regulation”), Personal Data means any information relating to you, such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For the purposes of CCPA (“California Consumer Privacy Act”), Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with you.
Collection of Your Information
Optional Voluntary Information. In order to request a demo, request information about our products and services, or otherwise contact Next Gen through the Website, you may be required to voluntarily submit certain Personal Data such as your name, school or university name, company name, and email address. The use of these functions through the Website is purely optional, so you are not required to submit any Personal Data through the Website if you do not wish to contact Next Gen for these or other purposes.
Usage Data. Next Gen may track user traffic patterns and content accessed throughout the Website. This information allows Next Gen to better tailor its content to its users’ needs and to help its affiliated companies, advertisers and property owners to better understand its audience.
Information Sent to Next Gen by Your Web Browser. Next Gen may collect information that is sent to Next Gen automatically by your web browser, such as your IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed the Website, information on your operating system and browser, and the date and time of your visit. Such information does not by itself identify you personally. In addition, Next Gen may review its server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into its network.
How We Use Information Collected on our Website
Next Gen uses Personal Data you have provided on the Website to deliver the information, product demonstrations, and services you have requested through the Website. If you request information on a product, or request a demonstration through the Website, one of Next Gen’s sales representatives will contact you with the information you have requested, and you will also be placed in its database to receive information regarding any of Next Gen’s products and services. Next Gen may send you emails from time to time with information on the products in which you expressed interest, information on other Next Gen products, or information regarding third-party products or services Next Gen believes may be of interest to you. Next Gen may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. You may unsubscribe from emails sent by Next Gen at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing of Information Collected on our Website
Next Gen may use Information collected on the Website to enhance your experience using the Website, to improve the Website, for purposes related to the business of Next Gen, for marketing or promotional purposes, for any other purpose described in this Privacy Statement, or otherwise as Next Gen may disclose to you from time to time. Next Gen may use Personal Data sent to it by your web browser or by cookies to perform statistical analyses of its server logs in order to study the use of various areas of the Website. Next Gen also review IP addresses to analyze where Next Gen is getting its audience, and Next Gen may create aggregate reports on its users traffic patterns and other user data, which Next Gen may share with third parties for its business purposes.
Next Gen may share your Personal Data as collected through the Website with third parties solely to perform services on its behalf, such as performing statistical analysis, data storage and web hosting services, sending email or postal mail on its behalf, providing customer support, or performing other services on its behalf, and these third parties are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purpose.
Next Gen will disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Next Gen or the Website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Next Gen, its customers, users or others; (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Next Gen, or the public; (d) to enforce any other agreements that govern your use of the Website.
Information submitted to the Website is an asset of Next Gen, and will become part of its normal business records. Any information collected on the Website, including without limitation Personal Data, may be transferred to any entity related to Next Gen in the present or future, or to another company that acquires the stock or assets of Next Gen or its current or future affiliated companies, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your Personal Data will still be subject to this Privacy Statement, and the privacy preferences you have expressed to Next Gen.
Security of your Personal Information
Next Gen uses reasonable measures based on the nature of Personal Data disclosed on the Website, in an effort to secure your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Next Gen secures the Personal Data you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
If you are located outside of the United States, you understand that by using the Website, you are providing Information to Next Gen in the United States, and you hereby consent to the transfer of your Personal Data to (and processing or other use of your information in) the United States and any other countries in which Next Gen may operate in the future or to which Next Gen may transfer your Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You further consent to the use of your Information for marketing purposes by Next Gen and its current or future affiliated entities, marketing partners, service providers as described in this Privacy Statement, in the United States or any other country.
Changes to this Statement
Modifying or Deleting Your Personal Data
Next Gen respects your right to make choices about the ways it collects, uses, processes and discloses your Personal Data. You may update or modify your information or change your preferences at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
Next Gen may process Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Next Gen is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Next Gen.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Next Gen.
In any case, Next Gen will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing and, in particular, whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
Next Gen undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights.
You have the right under this Privacy Statement and, by law, if you are within the EU, to:
- Request access to your Personal Data: The right to access, update, or delete the information Next Gen has on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Next Gen to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data Next Gen holds about you.
- Request correction of the Personal Data Next Gen holds about you: You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information Next Gen holds about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where Next Gen is relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis of its processing and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to Next Gen’s processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object if Next Gen is processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data: You have the right to ask Next Gen to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Next Gen to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data: Next Gen will provide you, or a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information to which you initially provided consent for Next Gen to use or where Next Gen used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to Next Gen’s using your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, Next Gen may not be able to provide you with specific functionalities of its Services.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition by contacting Next Gen. Please note that Next Gen may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, Next Gen will try its best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Next Gen’s collection and use of your Personal Data. If you are in the EEA (“European Economic Area”), you may contact your local Data Protection Authority for more information.
Your rights under the CCPA
Under this Privacy Statement and, by law, if you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- The right to notice: You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request: The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from Next Gen information requesting the disclosure of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past twelve (12) months by Next Gen or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data: You also have the right to ask Next Gen not to sell your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by contacting Next Gen using the Contact Information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right to know about your Personal Data: You have the right to request and obtain from Next Gen information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected.
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data.
- Categories of third parties with whom Next Gen shares Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data Next Gen collected about you.
- The right to delete Personal Data: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past twelve (12) months.
- The right to not be discriminated against: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Exercising of Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
If you are a California resident, you may exercise any of your rights under the CCPA by contacting Next Gen using the Contact Information contained in this Privacy Statement.
Next Gen will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge with forty-five (45) days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended by an addition forty-five (45) days, one time, when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Next Gen welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about Next Gen’s practices with regard to your Personal Data, or if you believe that Next Gen has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Next Gen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Statement is effective on October 19, 2020.